We are halfway through the end of 2013 and before every year ends, there is one Pinoy tradition that we observe, the annual Metro Manila Film Festival which starts on Christmas day nationwide. Most of us always wanted to know as early as possible what are the successful entries for each year. The good thing is as early as June this year, we now have been informed of movie entries that showed ineterested in becoming part of the 39th Metro Manila Film Festival (MMFF) for 2013. Hit the jump to see the movie titles and lead actors to be included.
According to reports online, there are 15 movie titles and scripts that have been submitted for approval to the next MMFF this December. And it looks like this is the year that we won't be having Enteng Kabisote and Shake Rattle & Roll installments. However most of the actors and actresses we are going to see this time are familiar people of the recent MMFFs such as Vic Sotto, Bong Revilla, Jorge Estregan Jr, Kris Aquino, and many others.So let us see it below.
1. Be Careful With My Heart - Richard "Sir Chief" Yap and Jodi Sta. Maria - No wonder why it is now part of the shortlist. Many know that this is the most successful kilig-serye from the Kapamilya Network and bringing it to the big screen is a not-so-bad idea.
2. Boy Girl Bakla Tomboy - Vice Ganda and Maricel Soriano - After beating the box office record last year that was previously held by Bossing's Enteng Kabisote film series, Vice Ganda is once again coming back this year. If this gets approved, let see if this new movie of him will do the same thing his Sisterakas did last year.
3. Pagpag - Daniel Padilla and Kathryn Bernardo - Seems like this is going to be love team's official entry for this year. I wonder what kind of genre or story the title offers as, to me, it does not sound so familiar for a current famous love team.
4. Torky and My Little Bossing - This time around it's Vic Sotto and Kris Aquino teaming up to dominate this year's Metro Manila Film Festival. Bossing has done with Ai-ai Delas Alas and Judy Ann Santos with the previous Enteng Kabesotes and those were hit ones. Now that Vic is setting aside his successful alter ego this year, I wonder too how it is going to work this time.
5. My Super Kap - Bong Revilla, Ogie Alcasid and Toni Gonzaga - No more Agimat this year, instead Super Kap will be (sounds like) our hero for the year.
6. San Pedro Calungsod, Batang Martir - JM De Guzman and Christian Vasquez.
7. Kulay Abo ang Langit - Carla Abellana, Diether Ocampo, and Mateo Guidicelli - Both number 6 and 7 are entries of Hubo Productions which is a new film player this year.
8. Boy Golden - Jorge Estregan Jr and KC Concepcion - Third year in a row Jorge Estregan Jr who has been Asiong Salonga and Gen. Emilio Aguinaldo the previous years is now returning to the big screen for another movie with Scenema Concept Int'l again.
9. Kimmy Dora Prequel - Eugune Domingo and Piolo Pascual - We are up for another Kimmy invasion this the same talented Eugune Domingo but for now, Piolo Pascual will join her to make us laugh again.
10. Kaleidoscope World - Sef Cadayona and Yassi Pressman - These actors are not familiar to me and this is going to be a challenge for newcomers to have their own MMFF box office records. To me I don\t really care, as long as the visual of the film is promising plus the story is more than normal then I am in.
11. 10,000 Hours - Robin Padilla - It's been a long time since the last time I saw a Robin Padilla movie. I pray this time he would be able to catch my eyes for his entry.
12. Ibong Adarna - Rocco Nacino, Joel Torre, Angel Aquino, Leo Martinez and Ronnie Lazaro - The only Ibong Adarna I know is a character from the Ibong Adarna we know since childhood. And if this is some sort of a remake, then it has to be very great for people to spend some money on it this Christmas.
13. Sa Ngalan ng Ama, Ina at mga Anak (Kuratong Baleleng) - Robin Padilla, Daniel Padilla and Mariel Rodriguez - Another Robin Padilla movie with Daniel Padilla in the list.
14. Hope in a Bottle - Ruffa Gutierrez, Maja Salvador and Angeline Quinto - An all girl movie? Maybe.
15. Everybody Loves - Jake Cuenca, Jericho Rosales, Megan Young and Maja Salvador.
I have not heard nor read about most of these entries from TV or internet that's why I do have any idea as to what kind of movies these are. The final 8 movie entries for the 39th Metro Manila Film Festival will be finalized on Tuesday June 18.