Folks over at Sammobile is giving us a first look at this Samsung Galaxy S5 running Google's latest and nearly in release stage Android 5.0 Lollipop mobile OS. This version runs with Samsung's TouchWiz UI so this means this is the closest look we can have on the newest OS once official. The demo video shows some basic apps from the smartphone and the 'Android Bird' easter egg found in the Android 5.0. It is rumored that Samsung will release the Lollipop update either late November of early December this year.
They even pointed out the changes we can expect from the old version to the new one, see them below.
List of changes in the new Lollipop build compared to the old one:
- New Note 4 fingerprint lock screen
- New system-wide font — similar to the original one, but a tad thinner.
- New animations, much smoother than before — there’s a screen off animation present as well.
- Google Search bar in recents menu
- Brightness slider in notification centre has a new yellow colour — while changing the brightness, the notification centre disappears and allows the user to view - Removed “Interruptions” from Sound settings
- Gallery: Media can be sorted using new filters including Pets, Events, Scenery, Documents, Food, Vehicles and Flowers.
- Music: Improved UI
- Clock: Navigation bar icons are now accompanied by text
- Calculator: Removed square grids which surrounded the numbers and symbols
- Contacts: New search box
- Stock Material Design inspired applications receive colored status bar
- Android Lollipop theme’s core green elements replaced with Samsung’s blue colour
- Settings: Improved UI, new icon colours
- New UI for setting wallpaper from home screen
- Better spacing between options in power off dialog