Prior to this official announcement there were a number of speculations, rumors and leaks that made their way to the internet world about the upcoming ZTE smartphone, but today at an event held in China ZTE has launched the Nubia Z9 highlighting the edge-to-edge screen design backed with high end hardware and software features.
The ZTE Nubia Z9 will come in three different variants and those are Classic, Elite and Exclusive. The naming has to do with the Random Memory Access and internal storage options. For Classic or Standard there will be a 3GB of RAM paired with 32GB internal space, Elite comes with 4GB RAM and 64GB storage while the Exclusive with also have 4GB RAM / 64GB storage combination but with Fingerprint Reader.
ZTE Nubia Z9 specs:
- 5.2" FULL HD Display
- 1920 x 1080 resolution
- Snapdragon 810 processor
- Adreno 430 GPU
- 3GB/4GB RAM
- 32GB/64GB internal storage
- Supports mircoSD card
- 16MP rear camera with f/2.0 lens and OIS
- 8MP front camera with 80-degree wide angle lens
- Android 5.0 Lollipop with Nubia UI 3.0
- WiFi, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS
- 2,900mAh Battery
Pre-order has already begun in China but will be available by May 21. However, as of writing there is no word yet if the device will be released internationally including the Philippines. How much each of the version will cost at least in the Chinese market? See below.
- ZTE Nubia Z9 Classic – 3,499 Yuan ( about Php25,200)
- ZTE Nubia Z9 Elite – 3,999 Yuan ( about Php28,800)
- ZTE Nubia Z9 Exclusive – 4,499 Yuan (about Php32,400)